Portal: Custom SiteMapProvider causes problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm writing a custom SitemapProvider to do actual security trimming, but when I change my default provider in web.config from the provided one to mine, like so: 

<siteMap enabled="true" defaultProvider="PortalSiteMapProvider">
     <providers>

<clear />

<add name="PortalSiteMapProvider" type="ST.PortalSiteMapProvider" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
    	<add name="Crm" type="Microsoft.Xrm.Portal.Web.CrmSiteMapProvider, Microsoft.Xrm.Portal" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
     </providers>

</siteMap>

I just get a directory listing when browsing to the root of the site, pictured here: (link). It's as if I don't have default document defined, but the only thing I did was change the default SiteMapProvider. What am I missing?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:59 PM

Answers

• I would not expect that adding a site map provider would make Casinni go to browsing mode instead of standard web serving mode.  Cassinni is only a simulation environment, you may also want to try on the real IIS.

It sounds like you are trying to implement some additional features that are available in the commercial version of the portals from Adxstudio.  You may want to look at that product as you will save money if you even use a single additional feature.  Content security, including a site map provider that does trimming is just one of the features in the commercial version.  It also looks like you are trying to develop a contact membership provider too, and again, that is something you also get in the commercial version.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Palak Kadakia Monday, January 23, 2012 2:31 AM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 12:21 AM