none
Clicking on Next Page should really show the posts which should be on the next page RRS feed

• Question

• As the title says:

If you click on the Next Page link you will go to the next page. But what you won`t see are the threads which should be on the next page.

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

My Forum Threads

• Edited by Heslacher Friday, June 21, 2013 8:13 AM
    Friday, June 21, 2013 8:13 AM

Answers

• Yes, I believe this is the same issue. It is also the same issue where the last page in search results is empty. For example, if there are 22 threads in the list for "Proposed Answers", you will see 20 threads on the first page, but the next page is empty. They are all the same issue.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:02 AM

All replies

• This is happening in the Suggestions and Feedback forum, but only when the Suggestions and Feedback forum is the only forum selected.

Reference:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cbcb51e5-92d3-49ab-a9eb-753321f83ab2/place-the-post-author-on-the-top-with-bigger-icon

Since this forum is being used to actively request user feedback, I think this needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

Friday, June 21, 2013 4:13 PM
  • Mike,

this is happening in every forum.

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

My Forum Threads

Friday, June 21, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Mike,

this is happening in every forum.

Then it definitely needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. I'm continuing to keep a single forum open in individual tabs, so I'm probably missing plenty of posts. Hopefully my suggestion of changing the tab title bar to reflect the forum name will be acted upon as well, since it's hard to know where I am at a glance if the tab isn't active.
    Friday, June 21, 2013 5:02 PM
  • There are definitely threads that I cannot access now due to this bug.

Unfortunately, this bug is buried among all the others. It took awhile for us to realize the problem, and now this thread has just one vote.

Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:41 AM
  • There are definitely threads that I cannot access now due to this bug.

Unfortunately, this bug is buried among all the others. It took awhile for us to realize the problem, and now this thread has just one vote.

This seems related to the one I just submitted from Richard, where we lose threads between paging. Right?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, June 24, 2013 11:30 PM
    Owner
  • Yes, I believe this is the same issue. It is also the same issue where the last page in search results is empty. For example, if there are 22 threads in the list for "Proposed Answers", you will see 20 threads on the first page, but the next page is empty. They are all the same issue.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:02 AM