none
WHS 2011 Launchpad is blank in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• The WHS 2011 Launchpad opens. Ir will not sign on automatically as it does in Win 7. Manual sign in is required by entering Username and Password. The Launchpad then changes to its usual green backgrounf but without any text other that LAUNCHPAD at the top in white. So there are no links to click to access Shared Folders or Dashboard, for example.
    Monday, January 25, 2016 11:00 PM

Answers

• I posted a solution to this on this site some time ago. Search the forum and it will give you instructions for a registry tweak to get rid of the Pending Restart issue.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Stoatmusket Monday, February 1, 2016 8:39 PM
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:31 PM

All replies

• Indeed it is. Search this Forum for the answer or if you are lazy, follow this link:

Launchpad Blank

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Monday, January 25, 2016 11:57 PM
  • Hi,

You may try to restart the client in clean boot and check the result.

Or, un-install and re-install the connector, then confirm the result.

If the problem persists, any change before this problem happened? Has the Launchpad worked before?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 8:13 AM
  • thanks to you and Eve Wang for your replies.

Prior to receiving them I was following a thread on WGS relating to renewing the Certification Authority - which in a fit of desperation and ignorance, I did. Now the connector software will not work at all on two of my machines - the one running Win 10, the other Win 7.

So I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall the connector software but the Win 10 machines fails with the error -

"Cannot connect the computer to the server because either another software installation is in progress, or, the computer has a restart pending. Either complete the installation process, or, restart the computer and try to connect again."

(No other installations or restarts are pending, of course).

The Win 7 machine got to the request to enter the server password and then failsed with error

"Cannot connect this computer to the network.

An unexpected error has occurred. For more information, see Troubleshoot connecting computers to the server"

Nothing in the Troubleshooting section has seemed appropriate or has solved the issues.

Repeating the installation on the same Win 7 machine has now offered the same error message as the Win 10 machine.

However - A separate Win8.1 machine on the same network continues to connect satisfactorily through Launchpad and Dashboard.

Feeling a bit stumped!

Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:22 PM
  • I posted a solution to this on this site some time ago. Search the forum and it will give you instructions for a registry tweak to get rid of the Pending Restart issue.

• Marked as answer by Stoatmusket Monday, February 1, 2016 8:39 PM
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:31 PM
  • Executed a clean boot and tried to re-install the conector Software. After the User name log-in, errored saying another PC with same name already logged on and time and date may be different so check and try again. - No dice!
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 8:24 PM
  • ThanksPhil -  I'll research it!
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 9:03 PM
  • OK - found the relevant post for the registry tweak - worked like a charm! -Many Thanks.

Still had the problem with "This computer is unable to establish a trust relationship with the server.Verify that the computer's date and time are accurate and try again." So searched tehforum and found This-

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/71708425-bdbb-44c7-a280-ec3f7b51ca03/connector-unable-to-establish-a-trust-relationship?forum=whs2011.Scroll down to answer proposed by Stuart Brennand which has 8 votes. That worked for me.

Thanks to all!

Monday, February 1, 2016 8:39 PM