none
A Bug or Change of Alerts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've found the Alerts system is not working as previously. Not sure whether it's a bug or a change.

In the past: whenever I reply a post, it will automatically enable alert for me, which is very useful that I can track all my posts via My Alerts. and If it has been answered, I can remove alert. This helps me keep focus on those I participated threads.

Now: Without verify my email, this is not enabled any more. I have to manually add alert for each thread, which is a very time consuming task. 

Any help is appreciated.

If you think my suggestion is useful, please rate it as helpful.
    If it has helped you to resolve the problem, please Mark it as Answer.
    http://twitter.com/7Kn1ghts

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:56 AM

Answers

• Right, it didn't make sense to offer "Alert me when someone responds" if there isn't an email configured to get the alert. Now, even if you don't have an email configured and confirmed you can still go to the individual thread and click Alert Me, but you just can't do this at the reply level unless you have configured an email.  The Alert functionality is intended to send people email updates, not as a 'favorites' watch list. You can however use RSS, browser favorites, My Threads lists/RSS for those purposes though.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:54 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Right, it didn't make sense to offer "Alert me when someone responds" if there isn't an email configured to get the alert. Now, even if you don't have an email configured and confirmed you can still go to the individual thread and click Alert Me, but you just can't do this at the reply level unless you have configured an email.  The Alert functionality is intended to send people email updates, not as a 'favorites' watch list. You can however use RSS, browser favorites, My Threads lists/RSS for those purposes though.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:54 PM
    Answerer
  • Well, if there is a feature to let people have a tracking list of active discussion will be very useful.  Or just let people who doesn't like to have too many emails about replies but regularly check forums/threads to have additional option to just use the alert system but the types of alerts can be customized.

If you think my suggestion is useful, please rate it as helpful.
    If it has helped you to resolve the problem, please Mark it as Answer.
    http://twitter.com/7Kn1ghts

Friday, July 29, 2011 9:51 AM