Using legacy form fields in Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I long for the "good old days" of form control (pre-Windows 2007. Don't judge.): I'm working in Word 2010 now, and I want to create a form that uses only legacy form fields, and protect the document so that only the form fields can be accessed. I've used only free-form fields and check boxes. When I go in the Developer tab and under Editing Restrictions, select "Filling In Forms", The "Start Enforcement" box is grayed out and I cannot check it. Is there a way to protect this document so that I can easily tab from one form field to the next? 
    Monday, December 9, 2013 2:34 PM

Answers

• It should work the same as in previous versions, but this is not the correct forum to get support for working in the user interface. The MSDN forums target programming issues, not end-user. The better place to ask, where you'll find a lot more people who work with Word in this manner is:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

Unfortunately, we're not able to move questions from MSDN to the "Communities" so you'll need to re-post.

FWIW you've probably done something to put the document in a state where it can't initiate protection. None of the reasons for that come immediately to mind - probably because I haven't used the feature in quite a while. But the folks on the Communities will probably have some suggestions at the tip of the fingers :-)

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:38 AM