Re: Office 2000.. what now? RRS feed

• Question

• Unable to download add-in and tools which require validation to MS Outlook which could be used in Office 2000 and Office 2003.  Made a large investment in the software and I'm very satisfied with the products I have.  I have no desire to go to 2007 and the cost from upgrading is too high, not enough new functionallity in the new software and must learn new interface..

My work decided to remain with 2003 due the large investment and lack of true functionality with 2007.  Initial use of 2007 would create an initial loss of productivity.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:52 PM

Answers

•  arionly wrote:

Unable to download add-in and tools which require validation to MS Outlook which could be used in Office 2000 and Office 2003.  Made a large investment in the software and I'm very satisfied with the products I have.  I have no desire to go to 2007 and the cost from upgrading is too high, not enough new functionallity in the new software and must learn new interface..

My work decided to remain with 2003 due the large investment and lack of true functionality with 2007.  Initial use of 2007 would create an initial loss of productivity.

Hi Arionly - I split this post off from the longer thread as it's hard to track what's going on when so many people jump in with "me too's"....

Can you do me a favor?  Can you post the link to the download you are trying to obtain?

Then can you run our diagnostic tool from the machine that is having problems obtaining the donwnload?  This would help me understand with more detail what is going on.

1)       Logon to a PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2)       Download the tool:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 and click RUN.

3)       When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4)       From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

5)       Please reply back to this post and PASTE the entire result set here.

Thanks,

Michelle

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:49 AM