IIS is not working RRS feed

• Question

• hii,
        I am using Vista home basic and I have installed IIS7 from CONTROL PANEL->PROGRAMS->WINDOWS FEATURES
    and
    after successfully installing IIS it creates INETPUB  folder in C drive.

But when I create a new website on HTTP location then an errror message displays

UNABLE TO CREATE WEB 'HTTP://WEBSITE1', COULD NOT FIND A WEB SERVER AT 'WEBSITE1'. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE WEB SERVER NAME IS VALID AND YOUR PROXY SETTINGS ARE SET CORRECTLY.
    • Moved by YiChun Chen Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:04 AM It's off topic here. (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Monday, November 2, 2009 4:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Pg_iilm,

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. Since your issue is related to IIS, you could post your thread on IIS forums. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:04 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:04 AM

All replies

• After installing IIS:

Go to internet explorer.

try: http://localhost link

see if it shows IIS screen. If you see IIS web page/screen, then IIS is properly installed in machine.

Else post your problemin iis.net forums

Regards,
    Jai
    Monday, November 2, 2009 6:50 AM
  • Hi Pg_iilm,

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. Since your issue is related to IIS, you could post your thread on IIS forums. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:04 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:04 AM