One Care on laptop expires in 23 days but One Care on desktop expires on 9/27 RRS feed

• Question

• How do I change One Care on laptop to be a member of desktop's One Care Circle?
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• On the laptop open One care, select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID enter the Live ID and password associated with your One Care subscription and One Care will activate and be added to your One Care Circle.

Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:18 PM
  • Jim,  Thanks for the reply. I can't find "Subscribe" but when I select "Renew" I'm presented with a login screen for the original Live ID but the ID is not modifiable. When I enter the password for original ID it says "We're unable to complete your request Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try later"  Any suggestions? Thanks Bo
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:54 PM
  • If the Live ID enetred is incorrect use this tool to reset it - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/f5ce50e4-9165-40a5-891b-fe5d0659738b You should also check the time and date on the laptop to see that it is set corectly.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 9:26 PM
  • How do I change One Care on laptop to be a member of desktop's One Care Circle?

If both computers are subscribed with different LiveIDs - meaning you have two accounts - they cannot be part of the same Circle.
    A OneCare Circle is defined by up to 3 computers running OneCare that have been activated with the same subscription LiveID.

If your have a subscribed copy on one PC and the other is in trial mode, you need to click "subscribe" in OneCare and sign in with the same LiveID that the first PC is subscribed with.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 17, 2009 1:19 PM