Conferencing from MOC with OCS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We're wanting to upgrade from LCS to OCS 2007 yet use the Cisco MeetingPlace conferencing solution which works great with MOC right now in that a user has the ability to start a conference and control the conference from within MOC.

However, I'm lead to believe that this will now not work with OCS as the third party conferencing APIs that were in LCS are not present in OCS.

So my questions are

1. Is this true? have the third party conferencing APIs been removed from OCS?

2. I heard a rumour that if they don't exist in OCS now they will be re-introduced in a service pack. Is this true?

3. When will the first service pack be available for OCS?

4. What will the first service pack include?

Thanks

Thursday, February 28, 2008 11:57 AM

All replies

•  kemik wrote:

We're wanting to upgrade from LCS to OCS 2007 yet use the Cisco MeetingPlace conferencing solution which works great with MOC right now in that a user has the ability to start a conference and control the conference from within MOC.

However, I'm lead to believe that this will now not work with OCS as the third party conferencing APIs that were in LCS are not present in OCS.

So my questions are

1. Is this true? have the third party conferencing APIs been removed from OCS?

2. I heard a rumour that if they don't exist in OCS now they will be re-introduced in a service pack. Is this true?

3. When will the first service pack be available for OCS?

4. What will the first service pack include?

Thanks

I have exactly the same issue- company have LCS but don't want to upgrade because we can't use click to conference with a third party solution.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:27 PM