This message has not yet been submitted for delivery. For more information, see help in CRM. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have this problem and I don’t know what to do. I installed CRM 4.0 on my server image.  I am using the CRM on the same image on my web browser.

I am not able to send email on this server image. Whenever I send an email, I get this message on top of my email:

This message has not yet been submitted for delivery. For more information, see help in CRM.

When I was installing CRM I did not have the email router and I left it as blank and installed CRM. But know I have email router and I don’t know how to configure it for CRM.

My user's Email access Configuration on this image is:
    Email access type incoming:None
    Email access type outgoing:None

Please help me :) 

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:59 PM

Answers

All replies

•  There are a lot of different options to begin deciding on.  To give you direction we will need more information. You should probably start by reading some of the material so you can ask a little more narrowed question so we can give you some advice from there.  

Will users use the outlook client.  If so should you set users up to use the outlook client to send e-mails or the e-mail router to send e-mail.

For all the different options you can look at the CRM 4.0 implementation guide. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1CEB5E01-DE9F-48C0-8CE2-51633EBF4714&displaylang=en
    The Planning guide covers the "Microsoft Dynamics CRM User Options" for E-mail starting on page 4-49 of the Planning IG guide.

To understand how to configure the e-mail router you can look at the "Microsoft Dynamics CRM: How to configure the On-premise and Online E-mail Router in different deployment scenarios" document. http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=8ea05b4e-825a-4db1-ad59-d894aa5ef33e&displaylang=en

Hope that gets you started.

Later
       Hoss
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:38 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Actually I have to learn the CRM and write the Microsoft exams. That is why I almost try everything in CRM. I have another machine that has Microsoft dynamic CRM 4.0 for office outlook and I don’t have any problem sending and receiving emails on that one.

I was testing one of my workflows on the server image (Browser) then I noticed my emails have this problem. Am I supposed to send emails from server and use the CRM on the server?

Thanks for documents and I will read all of them to find something.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:52 PM
  • If you are having a workflow create and send an e-mail or you use the web client you will then have to install and configure the E-mail router.  

The instructions are in the second link I sent you in the first post which had the different confirugation options fro teh E-mail router.

-Hoss  
    Friday, February 20, 2009 10:17 PM