How to add an 2013 composite address to a custom entity RRS feed

• Question

• I created a custom entity that has address fields (new_addr1, new_city,...).  I would like to make them a composite address so they are concatenated together and can use the Bing map capability.  However, I do not see a type of address_composite that I can select.  Can I do this?  If so, please describe how?

Thanks you for your help.

Friday, May 9, 2014 1:43 PM

All replies

• The composite address that is available in certain native forms like Account is not available as a customization.  You could create your own control that acts in a similar manner using HTML5 and JavaScript then run it in an IFrame.  It would have to call back to the parent form and set the actual (hidden) address field values there.  Not sure if it's worth the time and effort.
    Friday, May 9, 2014 1:50 PM
  • Composite field is currently not available for custom entity and cannot be customized even for System Entity (for example, adding new field).

Alternatively, you can create a Text (Multilines field) then you have to concatenate those fields values together by yourself, using Javascript or Plugin for Create and Update events.

Hope it helps!

Friday, May 9, 2014 6:20 PM