Integration of MS Word in MS CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can anyone give me information about  feature in MS CRM 2011 "Integration of word with CRM 2011"?

Thanks in Advance.

Sonali Dubewar

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Sonali, where did you see the phrase 'integration of Word with CRM 2011'? I suggest that you ask whoever wrote the phrase exactly what they were referring to because I don't recall seeing any new about CRM 2001 and Word integration.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, December 7, 2010 6:30 PM
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:09 PM
  • Hi Sonali, there is no add-on that integrates Word with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. There is Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Outlook, which offers an couple of small enhancements to the mail merge feature, but it's not a Word add-on. Some ISVs did build third-party VSTO add-ons for Word to allow users to pull CRM data into Word documents, and although I think one of them was demoed on a CRM VPC, I don't think any of these were official Microsoft products.

Here's an example of how to use the mail merge feature for CRM 4.0. The procedure is very similar for CRM 2011. http://crm4dummies.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-actually-use-microsoft-dynamics.html

Hope this helps.

Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Sonali,

The CRM 2011 Beta Implementation Guide has a lot of information about the product

From the Beta Implementation Guide:

New application features

• Visualization. On demand graphical charts for many record types.
    • Improved user interface that includes the Office Ribbon design and more streamlined forms.
    • Connections. A new feature for establishing relationships between records.
    • Recurring activities. Schedule activities, such as appointments, that repeat.
    • Queue enhancements.
    • Auditing. To enable record level auditing, go to System Settings under Settings, click the Auditing tab, and then click Enable.
    • Field level security. Manage user and team permissions to read, create, or write information in secured fields.
    • Solutions. Solutions are packages of software that you can install or remove from your Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization.

Sandbox Processing Service

The Sandbox Processing Service server role enables an isolated environment to allow for the execution of custom code, such as plug-ins. This isolation reduces the possibility of custom code affecting the operation of the organizations in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM deployment.

Claims-based authentication support

Add or remove a server role

You can now install individual server roles by using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server Setup Wizard. Similarly, you can add a server role, or change or remove installed server roles from Programs and Features in Control Panel.

SharePoint documentation management

SharePoint documentation management lets you view Microsoft Dynamics CRM data in Microsoft SharePoint. This is an optional feature that you can configure in the Settings area of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web application 

-----------------

Regarding the "Integration of word with CRM 2011" - It is an inbuilt feature - if you have a specific scenario, let us know - so that we can guide you in the right direction.

Cheers, Edwin
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 1:57 PM
  • Hey thanks a lot Edwin..:) I have gone through the IG!

Can u give me idea about MS Word Integration in CRM2011?? I want to know about it. I got http://www.zslinc.com/Pdf/MSOfficeCRMintegration.pdf this link regarding Integration of MS Office with CRM 4.0. but I want to know whats new added in the same topin in MS CRM 2011. Can u please help me in this?? 

Regards,

Sonali

Thursday, December 2, 2010 2:45 PM
  • Hi Sonali, where did you see the phrase 'integration of Word with CRM 2011'? I suggest that you ask whoever wrote the phrase exactly what they were referring to because I don't recall seeing any new about CRM 2001 and Word integration.

Regards, Neil

Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:09 PM
  • Hi,

Can I Integrate MS Word on my local machine with the MS CRM 2011 One month free trial subscription?

If yes then from where i can download the add on setup?

Thanx in Advance.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 12:19 PM
  • Hi Sonali, there is no add-on that integrates Word with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. There is Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Outlook, which offers an couple of small enhancements to the mail merge feature, but it's not a Word add-on. Some ISVs did build third-party VSTO add-ons for Word to allow users to pull CRM data into Word documents, and although I think one of them was demoed on a CRM VPC, I don't think any of these were official Microsoft products.

Here's an example of how to use the mail merge feature for CRM 4.0. The procedure is very similar for CRM 2011. http://crm4dummies.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-actually-use-microsoft-dynamics.html

Hope this helps.

Neil

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:32 PM
  • Hey Neil...That link helped me a lot....:)

thanx for sharing...!!!

I was actually not aware of the feature mail merge, so i was confused woth its name saying integration with ms word..;) Thanks a lot...!!!!

Sonali

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:28 PM