Does the photo viewer on the web page cache pics? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I added a new folder in my shared pictures folder on the vail server. When I access the web interface ans start play the slideshow, I notice that three pics are missing, so I copy them to the folder, refresh the page and start the slideshow again. But the photo gallery report an incorrect number of pictures, so the new pics I added won't sow up. But if I access through the shared folder, they show up. All I can think of is that the photo browser has the old pics cached somehow...

Anyone else experience this?

Henrik
    Friday, June 25, 2010 10:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Henrik:

Thanks for reporting this, we do have a known cache issue where can cause this, can you let us know whether the following steps help:

1) remote desktop into the server, launch a cmd windows

2) run iisreset

3) go to website again to see whether it pickup your new photos?

Thanks.

windows home server team
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:24 AM
  • This is a known issue of VAIL preview which should be fixed in the next release/refersh:
    FYI: See this feedback report.

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think that this is a known issue with the Vail Silverlight application. In my case the total number of pictures/video/music consistently does not match the actual number of files that are in the shares. I might have seen similiar to what you describe. "might" is I was wondering if media was actually missing or that the numvers just don't match up but did not have a chance (making an additional note on my list:-) to check on that.

I think you should bug this on connect.

- Theo.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:52 PM
  • Hi!

Yes pictures are actually missing from the gallery. They show up correctly in explorer and the library web app, but not in the browse- silverlight app.

I reied refewsing, log out/log in etc but no not all files are there.

Will file a bug report.

/Henrik

Henrik
    Monday, June 28, 2010 6:15 PM
  • Is there any pattern to which pictures are missing? Are they all a particular image type?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, June 28, 2010 7:01 PM
  • Hi Henrik:

Thanks for reporting this, we do have a known cache issue where can cause this, can you let us know whether the following steps help:

1) remote desktop into the server, launch a cmd windows

2) run iisreset

3) go to website again to see whether it pickup your new photos?

Thanks.

windows home server team
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:24 AM
  • I stumbled on this string because I was searching this exact issue. After creating my initial Vail deployment and copying my photos to the Pictures share everything was fine. As I started to add picture I would notice that the Home Server picture gallery would not show the new additions. Maybe after a time and maybe not.

I took this last suggestion and did the iisreset but to no avail. I am tracking this issue with 2 pictures in particular. Both are form the same camera as all the rest in the folder, all of the same format. The folder originally has 2 pics. I added 3 but only one of the new three are being displayed. They are of course showing up in file explorer.

I’m looking around for a solution for this. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Monday, August 16, 2010 12:36 AM
  • OK, in case anyone is still looking at this string. I turned off media streaming then turned it back on and all the pictures in question were then displayed. I think there is a bug related to updating the media stream as new media is added.
    Monday, August 16, 2010 12:59 AM
  • This is a known issue of VAIL preview which should be fixed in the next release/refersh:
    FYI: See this feedback report.

- Theo.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:43 PM