Percentage correct required to pass RRS feed

• Question

• What is the percentage required to pass 70-290 exam?  Let me ask you guys some thing.  I have been studying for a long time now for the 70-290 exam.  I WANT TO TAKE THE TEST ALL READY!!!  But I can't seem to pass higher that 62% on Transcender.  My school gives me only 110 minutes to complete 45 questions.  They are requiring me to pass with 90% before they will pay for second exam.  They will pay for first one but will only pay for second one if I pass with 90% on sim exam in cert mode.  I will still be able to take again with MS Second Shot.  What do you guys think.  Do you think I'll pass if I'm scoring 60% on Transcenders?

38 year old latin network administrator
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:16 PM

Answers

• Passing score is 700/1000, so I guess you could say 70%.
    If you're hitting 62% in Transcenders, you "may" pass. I would suggest you spend a bit more time working through the areas covered in the prep/study guide and get more familiar with the product. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-290.aspx

I'm not sure if I fully understand the conditions your employer is putting on you, but a score of 700 or better will get you certified on Windows Server 2003.

Good luck.
    • Proposed as answer by David Elfassy Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ronald Montes Thursday, February 5, 2009 7:55 PM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:21 PM

All replies

• Passing score is 700/1000, so I guess you could say 70%.
    If you're hitting 62% in Transcenders, you "may" pass. I would suggest you spend a bit more time working through the areas covered in the prep/study guide and get more familiar with the product. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-290.aspx

I'm not sure if I fully understand the conditions your employer is putting on you, but a score of 700 or better will get you certified on Windows Server 2003.

Good luck.
    • Proposed as answer by David Elfassy Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ronald Montes Thursday, February 5, 2009 7:55 PM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:21 PM
  • 700 doesn't necessarily equate to 70%. And IMO, I would not even think about testing when you are getting a 62% on Transcender. However, I do think 90% is a bit high. After a while you just start memorizing the questions and answers. Foolish thinking on their part. 80% is a solid goal with Transcender.

What areas are dragging you down, Ronald?

Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 12:34 AM
  • There is a specific scale that defines the score for each exam. However, 700 is as close to 70% as mere mortals will get to.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 1:37 AM
  • Ok. I am aware of how the passing scores are set and the process they go thru.
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 1:53 AM