how to find the script in a crm form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to troubleshoot some issue in a crm customized form.

There is a field which auto fills some data in it based on what user enters in to the form.

I want to fix that field to solve an issue but I am not sure where it was written as it was written by someone a year ago probably. I did check all the scripts and plugins, but nothing points to that particular field's behavior.

So, is there a better way to look for something in a whole bunch of scripts and plugins through out the application?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:26 PM

Answers

• There are two possibilities

1. If the change happen without click save button then it is Javascript. Open entity form in design mode. Double click the attribute on which this change is happening and click on Event tab and see any record there. On the detail tab note down the Name of the field. Onchange event can be triggered from onload also. therefore look on the event running onload and search field name in the code using find feature.

2. If the change is happening after clicking save then you should look at the code of plugin again you will use the same name to find in code. The other thing to check in this case would be workflows. Check workflowrunning on this entity.

Regards Faisal

• Marked as answer by ReignFan Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:36 PM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:10 PM

All replies

• There are two possibilities

1. If the change happen without click save button then it is Javascript. Open entity form in design mode. Double click the attribute on which this change is happening and click on Event tab and see any record there. On the detail tab note down the Name of the field. Onchange event can be triggered from onload also. therefore look on the event running onload and search field name in the code using find feature.

2. If the change is happening after clicking save then you should look at the code of plugin again you will use the same name to find in code. The other thing to check in this case would be workflows. Check workflowrunning on this entity.

Regards Faisal

• Marked as answer by ReignFan Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:36 PM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:10 PM

• Change is happening after clicking 'save'. So I am going to look into the plugins once again and see if it works.
    Thanks Faisal.
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:23 PM