none
Upgrade from ST2011 to ST2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I've just bought ST1011 a few day ago.

Is there a way to upgrade to the latest version?

stephan

Thursday, July 5, 2012 5:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Stephan,

There really is no "upgrade" procedure. You just install a new (2013) version, and start using it instead of the old (2011).

You do not need to uninstall 2011. You may keep both, while making sure 2013 work well for you. You may uninstall 2011 at a later time.

If you have any files saved in your 2011 version, make backup copies of them before opening them in the new version. The new program will prompt you to convert them to the new file format, and if saved, the file would no longer be readable by ST2011, so a back up is a good idea in case something goes wrong with the conversion, or if you later require to open the old files in the old version.

Laptop GPS World

Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:03 PM
  • Hi Marvin,

thanks for your answer.

I've allready installed the new version and it works fine for me.

I asked for an upgrade because I don't want to buy the new version 10 day after having payed about 40$ for the 'old' version :-(

stephan

Friday, July 6, 2012 4:12 AM
  • I just bought and installed the 2011 version on 06/03/2012. Do I have to pay the full retail price for the 2013 version?
    Sunday, July 8, 2012 4:50 AM
  • I'm pretty sure that the answer is "Yes, you have to pay the full retail price".  I don't think they offer an upgrade product for ST2013.

If you call in to the MS Store they may be able to help you given the close proximity of when you purchased vs the availability of the newer (2013) version.  I once had a similar situation and they cancelled (allowed me to "return") the recent purchase and then I "re-bought" the currently shipping version.  I suppose there is no guarantee that they will do the same for you in this case but I'm betting that they will.

Good luck.

Woody

Sunday, July 8, 2012 12:47 PM