Microsoft Money help RRS feed

• Question

• I did not realize that money was being sunset.  Now what I need to do is find a way to get my data  out of money and into something for now on.  I use the checkbook register,  I store my Investments in individual accounts.  Can I export somehow this data and import it to a newer product.  I am moving to Windows 8.1 as well.  rhNKS
    Monday, January 13, 2014 2:26 AM

All replies

• Money has been unsupported for two years but it still works fine and it will install and run under Windows 8.1.  Most people who frequent this forum are happy with Money and don't like the available alternatives such as Quicken.

If you want to change to another program, you will need to find one that will import you data from your Money file.  Usually this is done by a qif export from Money and and an import into the new program.  The alternative programs will have information on how to do this.

Bill Becker

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:10 AM
  • I presume you are in the US. Install the Sunset version (see the second post on this forum for the installation file) onto your new computer. Only move the *.mny and *.mbf files. You will probably need to install Money Sunset, even if you want to move to Quicken.
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:17 PM