Send mass mail RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello

I have 500 leads. I want to send them an e-mail (like a newsletter), with a predefined attachement.
    What are my options.

Using quick campaign, i cann not attach files.
    Using e-mail templates, no attachement option available.

I do not want send them one by one...
    Monday, February 23, 2009 8:43 AM

Answers

• solve it in the meantime :)

create a workflow with action send mail

select leads, run workflow :)
    Monday, February 23, 2009 9:05 AM
  • From an email marketing best practices point of view, sending mass emails with attachments is a bad idea. If your recipients aren't expecting or don't want your email, your domain could end up being blacklisted by their email administrator or an ISP. You'll also fill your CRM database with 500 copies of the same binary file which will annoy your database administrator.

It's much better to include a link to your website where your recipient can download the attachment if they want to receive it.

Regards, Neil
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:56 PM

All replies

• solve it in the meantime :)

create a workflow with action send mail

select leads, run workflow :)
    Monday, February 23, 2009 9:05 AM
  • From an email marketing best practices point of view, sending mass emails with attachments is a bad idea. If your recipients aren't expecting or don't want your email, your domain could end up being blacklisted by their email administrator or an ISP. You'll also fill your CRM database with 500 copies of the same binary file which will annoy your database administrator.

It's much better to include a link to your website where your recipient can download the attachment if they want to receive it.

Regards, Neil
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:56 PM
  • Radu_RO

Did the workflow actually process past one email?  We actually had to open a case for a client as they did still want to send an attachment in the interim as they were getting their email outsourcing process together.  This case has turned into a HFI, or Hot Fix creation, for the CRM Online team.

The workflow would only send one email out, and then sit in waiting status for the remainder of the Contacts.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:52 PM