Questions about XML Documentation Feature under C#/ VS2005 RRS feed

• Question

• What forum would questions about using the the XML Documentation Feature under C#/VS2005 go to?
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the (Microsoft Developer Network > Forums Home > Data Platform Development Forums > XML and the .NET Framework) forum located here:  (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xmlandnetfx/threads).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:06 PM
  • Ashawani,
    My question is about the existing XML tags (<summary>, <param>, etc) that are used to document class libraries, methods, etc and are available to you when you type "///" in a C# source file and (I believe) that are somehow integral to the Visual Studio editor (or IntelliSense?).
    My question has to do with the use of the cref="" attribute

Would questions of this nature still go to the XML and the .NET Framework forum, as after a quick look there, it seems to me that that forum is more for questions of a general XML nature and I believe that my question is more towards using these tags in C# and Visual Studio, but then again, you guys are the experts and would know best (maybe it is an XML question )
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:19 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your update on the issue ! 

Just have a look at the forum
    Hope that would be helpful.

Visual Studio Developer Center > Visual Studio Forums > Developer Documentation and Help System

located at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/devdocs/threads.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by ashawani_dubey Friday, May 15, 2009 6:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by PMBottas Friday, May 15, 2009 7:07 PM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 6:59 PM