uninstall "Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0 CTP 1 Refresh (x86)" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to uninstall "Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0 CTP 1 Refresh (x86)"
    The
    uninstaller ask me "SQL Server 2008 February CTP ENU" setup which in not longer available for download
    How can I complete uninstall for  "Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0 CTP 1 Refresh (x86)"?
    many thanks
    claudio
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 6:16 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Claudio,

You can open a DOS prompt and type:

msiexec /x syncservicesado.msi

Or another choice would be to download the released version of "Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0". By running this you will be upgrading to a version that has the MSI on your machine so it can also use that MSI for the uninstall process.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:04 PM
  • Hy Willie,
    thanks for you prompt reply.
    unfortunately the result of the command "msiexec /x syncservicesado.msi
    " is:

[Window Title]
    Windows Installer

[Main Instruction]
    This installation package could not be opened.  Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

[OK]

On my machine is already installed the
    released version of "Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0" Sad
    Any other ideas ?
    thanks
    claudio

Thursday, August 14, 2008 10:13 AM
  • Mak,

Oftentimes this can occur if you have an older version of Windows installer.  Blog that discusses this below:

http://blogs.msdn.com/jsacks/archive/2006/04/11/573516.aspx

Have you run windows update lately?  You can download the latest version below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372856(VS.85).aspx

Regards,

Sean Kelley

Program Manager

Microsoft

Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:13 PM
  • Uhmm...
    On my machine I'm running
    Windows ® Installer. V 4.5.6001.22162
    I believe is the latest version, isn't it ?

claudio
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 10:52 PM