Stuck on Incorrect product key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently my computer crashed and we took it to CompUsa where they reinstalled Windows. It wasn't the original CD that came with the machine though, because my dad had thrown them away. Now when trying to activate Windows, I can't get pass putting in the product key because it says its incorrect.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 5:43 PM

Answers

• Steph A,

Shouldn't CompUSA techs have taken care of this for you?

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 7:45 PM
  • Steph,

Where did you originally purchase the computer?  Was it from CompUSA? Since your father threw away the software discs did you either repurchase the operating system for CompUSA to reinstall or contact the computer manufacturer and request a set of Reinstallation Recovery CD's? Please work with CompUSA for a solution. Identify the current situation you are currently experiencing as not being able to validate. 

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:42 PM

All replies

• Steph A,

Shouldn't CompUSA techs have taken care of this for you?

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 7:45 PM
  • Steph,

Where did you originally purchase the computer?  Was it from CompUSA? Since your father threw away the software discs did you either repurchase the operating system for CompUSA to reinstall or contact the computer manufacturer and request a set of Reinstallation Recovery CD's? Please work with CompUSA for a solution. Identify the current situation you are currently experiencing as not being able to validate. 

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:42 PM