New Project is created RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

Is there a way you can tell when a new project is created in Project 2007 using psi or view?  Only the project that is ready for public view will be transferd into another different system.  Basically, I will need to collect project and task information.

Thanks,

kkmick 

Thursday, July 8, 2010 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi kkmick,

The ProjectPublish event will give you the reference only to the just published project.

Of course you can always use the PSI in your code to access all other project.

Grtz, Jeroen

• Marked as answer by kkmick Friday, July 9, 2010 2:31 PM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would think your best option would be to create an event handler for the ProjectPublished event which can call your custom code to do the alert / transfer. 

You can read more about Project Server 2007 event handlers at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms481079(office.12).aspx

hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 9:56 PM
  • Hi Alex:

I will take a look at it. 

Thanks,

kkmick

Friday, July 9, 2010 11:47 AM
  • Hi Alex:

I have a question if I use the ProjectPublished event to retrieve the published projects.  The event trigger will publish project to server first time.  When another new project comes in, does the event trigger all of the projects that has been published.   It will only look at the new one only. 

Thanks,

kkmick

Friday, July 9, 2010 1:18 PM
  • Hi kkmick,

The ProjectPublish event will give you the reference only to the just published project.

Of course you can always use the PSI in your code to access all other project.

Grtz, Jeroen

• Marked as answer by kkmick Friday, July 9, 2010 2:31 PM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 2:08 PM
  • Hi Jeroen:

Thank you for clarifying it. 

kkmick

Friday, July 9, 2010 2:32 PM