Live mesh and Windows 2008 R2 grouping feature issue??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a Windows 2008 R2 server as a Live mesh client and while connecting to it through the live mesh desktop, the grouping feature does not work. For example, if i have multiple IE tabs open, it groups them under a single icon and clicking on it should pop-up the list of all the IE tabs and windows open. But when i click on it it just goes to the pressed state and no happens. Same thing for other multiple windows as well. Is this a known issue?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:10 AM

Answers

• Since Live Mesh is not supported on Windows Server, although it can be made to install and work, I can't say that it is a known issue or not.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, October 23, 2009 2:23 PM

All replies

• Since Live Mesh is not supported on Windows Server, although it can be made to install and work, I can't say that it is a known issue or not.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, October 23, 2009 2:23 PM
    -steve

Live Mesh is supported on Windows Server 2008 and 2008 r2.

see this link : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=031c56cd-3265-46f9-8c90-df9c221c05e3

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 11:56 AM
    -steve

Live Mesh is supported on Windows Server 2008 and 2008 r2.

see this link : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=031c56cd-3265-46f9-8c90-df9c221c05e3

No, you are wrong, but thanks for trying.

Live Mesh Beta (the topic of this forum) has *never* been supported on any Server SKU.

You responded to a post that is over a year old. Live Mesh beta is at end of life. The new product, which combines Live Mesh beta technology with Windows Live Sync into a new service/product called Windows Live Mesh was released several months ago. Your link is for that. 

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

Note that you are also incorrect in stating that Windows Live Mesh 2011 is supported on Windows Server 2008. It requires Windows Server 2008 R2:

"Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7;Windows Server 2008 R2;Windows Vista Service Pack 2"

-steve

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:20 PM