Synchronization problem with outlook RRS feed

• Question

• We have installed crm 4.0 and use outlook clients. Each time crm synchronises with the Outlok Exchange we take the message below for lot of messages:

13:59:54 Error synchronizing message 'Updated: XXXXX'

13:59:54           [80070005-508-80070005-1340]

13:59:54           You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object.  See the folder contact or your system administrator.

What might be the problem?? 
    Friday, December 11, 2009 12:14 PM

Answers

• It appears that this is related to environments where users have shared calendars but do not have rights to the shared folders.  The post offered above appears to have the fix.  Have you tried the fix and it is not working for you?
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, January 15, 2010 7:48 PM

All replies

• Is anything synchronizing between Outlook and CRM -- any contacts or appointments? If the problem is a CRM privileges issue, you could test this by giving the user a System Administrator security role.
    Friday, December 11, 2009 1:20 PM
  • All users are system administrators. And yes we are synchronising contacts, appointments and tasks. The curius thing is that everything seems to be right synchronised. But we still have numerous error messages.
    Friday, December 11, 2009 1:27 PM
  • rollup7?

Friday, December 11, 2009 6:20 PM
  • Allready installed!
    Monday, December 14, 2009 7:44 AM
  • I have this same problem - Update Rollup 7 also applied. In fact, the issue did not occur until update rollup 7 was installed on clients.

Thousands of messages per day.

I had come across the following patch, but is says that "This problem is fixed in the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0":
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949086

It doesn't mention which UR the hotfix is included in, but in any case I have tried installing the hotfix over UR7 and the problem persists. Clearly the problem is not fixed.

Aaaargh!

Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:18 PM
  • Should be fixed in UR8 if not then make the following registry changes:
    http://community.dynamics.com/blogs/crmcustomereffective/comments/44160.aspx
    Friday, December 18, 2009 11:03 AM
  • Hello all,

I got the same problem. CRM 4.0 RU 7 Dutch & Office Outlook Enterprise 2007

I have RU 7 installed. After I did the register changes (http://community.dynamics.com/blogs/crmcustomereffective/comments/44160.aspx ) I still get the synchronization errors.

(I tried to install RU8 but got a error that I just communicated to Microsoft, I think it is a bug in the RU install file)

Has someone another possible workaround / fix

Thanks for your time.

CRM consultant
    Monday, December 21, 2009 8:51 AM
  • Has anyone got a response from MS on this issue?

Alejandro Leguizamo
    SQL Server MVP
    Alejandro Leguizamo
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:32 PM
  • Still nothing. The problem persists.
    Friday, January 15, 2010 10:44 AM
  • It appears that this is related to environments where users have shared calendars but do not have rights to the shared folders.  The post offered above appears to have the fix.  Have you tried the fix and it is not working for you?
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, January 15, 2010 7:48 PM
    Best Regards, Donna

No, this is *NOT* the solution - it is a workaround. Essentially it disables new functionality.

The workaround however requires the entire cached mail file to be re-cached which is hardly practical!! There must surely be a code change in the works that solves the problem rather than works around it??

Friday, January 15, 2010 10:50 PM
  • I think the root issue is where users have shared calendars but do not have write access to the shared calendars.  The steps in the post provide a solution to resolve the repeated sync errors.  The root issue causing the sync errors might be addressed in a future update or release. 
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, January 18, 2010 3:28 PM