System Job Errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a customer portal added to our CRM and I've just noticed in 'System Jobs' a lot of Microsoft.Xrm.Portal.Plugins.WebNotificationPlugin: Update of any entity type jobs that are all 'failed' - the jobs are nothing to do with the portal and when I click on them the error given is: "Principal user (Id=f4b30ae9-0c9c-e011-8d0d-002564fcaa52, type=8) is missing prvReadadx_webnotificationurl privilege (Id=a5a96939-9a0d-4f7b-9ac0-ead78f6a5771)".

How would I resolve this?

Thanks.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 11:41 PM

Answers

• In the Custom Entities tab on the security role you should see an entity called Web Notification URL (or something similar). Provide the user with Organization-Read and Organization-Write privileges to that entity.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by RoarCRM Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:27 PM
    Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:10 PM
  • That means the plugin is running in the context of a user that does not have read privileges on the adx_webnotificationurl entity. If this entity was added from a 3rd party solution, it's likely that you're existing security roles do not give access to this entity. You can check your standard roles and make sure they have read access to this entity, or if you can find the user which matches that ID then you can quickly identify the role that needs updating.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:57 AM

All replies

• That means the plugin is running in the context of a user that does not have read privileges on the adx_webnotificationurl entity. If this entity was added from a 3rd party solution, it's likely that you're existing security roles do not give access to this entity. You can check your standard roles and make sure they have read access to this entity, or if you can find the user which matches that ID then you can quickly identify the role that needs updating.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:57 AM
  • I've found the user that it relates to, just not sure exactly what I need to update...I cannot find anything that relates to adx_webnotificationurl in the security roles?
    Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:48 AM
  • In the Custom Entities tab on the security role you should see an entity called Web Notification URL (or something similar). Provide the user with Organization-Read and Organization-Write privileges to that entity.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:10 PM
  • notice this issue today on our system as well. End up creating a new Security Role to fix this for all users and service accounts (Click Dimension in our case)

The table AsyncOperationBase got very big.

As the prvReadadx_webnotificationurl is related to the Web Portal by ADX (http://community.adxstudio.com/forums/adxstudio-portals/ab30f918-3555-e211-bc2b-00155d421b38) it would be great if the CRM god of ADX Shan McArthur could comment on this (Shan McArhur) :-)

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:39 PM