HELP PC Restore - ZOTAC ION B-E NVidia Ethernet Driver Help RRS feed

• Question

• I have a small HTPC built with the Zotac ITX ION B-E motherboard.  The system is running Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.  When I try to do a bare-metal restore it does not find a network adapter.  I tried copying the Window Home Server Restore Drivers from the last backup and loading them during the restore but still no network adapter is found.  I also tried downloading the chipset drivers from the Zotac website for Win7, Vista and XP...both 32 and 64 bit but still no network adapter is found.

Under Windows 7 the network adapter is listed as a NVidia nForce 10/100/1000. 

Help suggestion or help is appreciated
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 3:18 PM

Answers

• You have three basic options (plus variations):
    1. Mess around with drivers until you find the magic sequence that will let the restore CD load your specific driver. This post and this one describe how to do this for Realtek drivers; presumably a minor modification of the procedures will have a good chance of working for you.
    2. Temporarily install an inexpensive NIC with good driver support (I like Intel based NICS) and restore.
    3. Remove the drive from the computer to be restored, connect it to some other computer joined to your home server, and restore it using C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\ClientRestoreWizard.exe . This is the same program the restore CD uses, just hosted in a fully functional Windows environment.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 3:29 PM

All replies

• You have three basic options (plus variations):
    1. Mess around with drivers until you find the magic sequence that will let the restore CD load your specific driver. This post and this one describe how to do this for Realtek drivers; presumably a minor modification of the procedures will have a good chance of working for you.
    2. Temporarily install an inexpensive NIC with good driver support (I like Intel based NICS) and restore.
    3. Remove the drive from the computer to be restored, connect it to some other computer joined to your home server, and restore it using C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\ClientRestoreWizard.exe . This is the same program the restore CD uses, just hosted in a fully functional Windows environment.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 3:29 PM
  • So i am having the same issue, and i can't seem to find the right set of drivers?  Is there a particular syntax or folder setup that needs to be followed?  I am not sure what chipset is on that board, but i can't find the right combination of drivers.  and thoughts?  I have the ION FE board...
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 4:14 AM