none
Please improve the usability of Ask a question RRS feed

• Question

• Please improve the usability of  Ask a question

This process has dreadful usability.   You provide a search box.   I type my question in the search box and dutifully have that done.  Microsoft search (?)  says no hits.   So go back and click on Ask a question, expecting my typing in the search box to be propagated into the Ask a question subject field.  No?  It's blank.  So, press Back.  Wait!  Are you sure you want to leave this page?  YES!  Back in "Ask a question but first please do a search" page and capture my question from the Search field (at least that was saved).   Ask a question.  Paste.  Oh, we've found some things that match your typing...  Uh huh.  Putting me in a really jolly frame of mind to ask a question/ make a comment about this forum's usability!  ; [

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 7:54 PM

All replies

• Please improve the usability of  Ask a question

This process has dreadful usability.   You provide a search box.   I type my question in the search box and dutifully have that done.  Microsoft search (?)  says no hits.   So go back and click on Ask a question, expecting my typing in the search box to be propagated into the Ask a question subject field.  No?  It's blank.  So, press Back.  Wait!  Are you sure you want to leave this page?  YES!  Back in "Ask a question but first please do a search" page and capture my question from the Search field (at least that was saved).   Ask a question.  Paste.  Oh, we've found some things that match your typing...  Uh huh.  Putting me in a really jolly frame of mind to ask a question/ make a comment about this forum's usability!  ; [

It is true. I hate to say this but I gave up on the search engine myself. I'm so embarrass & ashamed to say that I get more hits if I search through google.com. It will actually redirect me to the Microsoft forum question.

-EC 

"There's a time and place for that. The time is... Never. You can figure out the place on your own".
    • Proposed as answer by esteban2800 Thursday, April 8, 2010 4:23 PM
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 4:22 PM