CRM 4.0: Forced logout from Outlook CRM client when using web client RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, we have a pretty strange issue with one of our customers using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Outlook when the users are also using the web client.

When the user has the Outlook CRM client installed and Outlook is running and the have also logged into the web client, they get logged out of CRM when they use the TAB key on any lookup field on any form. The CRM icon in the Windows sys tray pops up to say "You successfully signed out of Microsoft Dynamics CRM", and the CRM toolbar in Outlook becomes disabled. When they try and save the form they were working on, they are presented with the CRM web client login screen. The issue doesn't occur when using CRM forms opened through the Outlook CRM client.

Here's the environment:
    • Windows Vista SP1, all updates (don't think it happens with Windows XP SP3)
    • Microsoft Office 2007, all updates
    • Microsoft
    Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Outlook with Update Rollup 2 using Internet Facing Deployment configuration

It's pretty common for users to use both the Outlook CRM client and the web client, but I haven't seen this issue before. Has anyone else?

Regards, Neil
    Monday, February 9, 2009 1:15 PM

Answers

• Did you try trusted sites zone? I always got that fixed with a zone change; but the zone isn't always the same.

Further I would recommend you to have current rollups installed...

Friday, September 18, 2009 8:23 AM

All replies

• I haven't seen this issue either Neil.  Is it happening on more than one computer?  Have you tried using a different URL to log into your Web browser.  A URL that is different than the one you use for your Outlook Client, something like http://crmServer.domainName.local/loader.aspx and see if the same behavior occurs. 

Does the express logout happen on all machines for all users.  Maybe the Tab key has some special hot key feature.  See if there are any hot key features associated with that key.

Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:59 PM
  • Hi Donna, at first we thought it was limited to a single PC, but pretty quickly the problem "spread" to other users at the same site. We've managed to replicate the same issue on our test platform using a completely different organization and test PC using Windows XP SP3 (not affect) and Vista and Vista SP1 (both affected).

It could be something to do with our hosted platform (the same platform configuration is used in production and all testing). So perhaps it's 64-bit specific or something strange. That's why I thought I'd see if anyone else in the community has the same issue.

I'm pretty sure it's an uncommon bug that only affects Vista users using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Outlook AND the web client AND when it's an internet facing deployment. I'm just surprised that we haven't seen the same issue in any other of our100+ hosted deployments...

I'll update the post when Microsoft Premier Support and our support team come up with a resolution.

Regards, Neil
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:09 PM
  • Same at me. My OS: Vista SP1 x64 with same configuration mentioned above.

Note: I may reproduce this "feature" while using Outlook client *only* and within the client try to track a mail for a contact. If the contact selection box appears I'm logged off. Same while navigating within the crm website within outlook client "mail folder".

Regards,

Sebastian

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:31 PM
  • Okay. I think I figured out a solution working for me:

I moved crm url from trusted sites back to local intranet zone in IE. After restarting outlook client works as expected.

Regards,

Sebastian
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:40 PM
  • This same issue has just come up for also. I recently upgraded to IE8. After I did so now I have the problem of a forced logout from the Outlook client when I use the web client. I never had that issue before. I did try Sebastion's fix but it did not work for me. I could really use some help here.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:10 PM
  • We have this issue also on all our PC's.  We are running Win XP SP3, IE8, Outlook 2003, and CRM 4.0 for Outlook (not sure of rollup) in an internet-facing deployment.  I did not even realize this was an issue before seeing this post...our CRM has always done this so I thought it was normal.  I also tried Sebastian's fix and it did not work here either. On our machines, CRM for Outlook gets logged out as soon as you even bring up the CRM web login page in the browser...you don't even have to type a username or password first.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:44 PM
  • Did you try trusted sites zone? I always got that fixed with a zone change; but the zone isn't always the same.

Further I would recommend you to have current rollups installed...

Friday, September 18, 2009 8:23 AM
  • Hello man

I have one question I am using CRM 4.0 but we are connecting it to Outlook, my question is how i can logoff from it to access in another user any idea

thank you

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:41 AM
  • Hello Fadi, please start a new question rather than changing the topic of an answered question, otherwise your question will not get seen by the community.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:43 AM
  • Hello,

I see that your post dated from february 2009, but I guess it can help other people! 

I had the same problem as you guys dit and after search on the internet I found an answer on the following site :

·        http://www.orbitone.com/en/blog/archive/2009/08/28/microsoft-dynamics-crm-outlook-client-%E2%80%9Csigned-out%E2%80%9D-when-accessing-webclient.aspx

I'm hoping that this answer will help you all!

Kind Regards,

Frederic

Friday, April 29, 2011 7:39 AM