Live Search Product Upload problem RRS feed

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 9:14 PM

Answers

• Hm,

Just looked through your robots.txt file and noticed this:

Disallow: productDetails.asp

Disallow: productDetailsFR.asp

Not saying that's the cause since it seems logical that you would need some wildcards to block out the resulting pages, but it might be why you are not getting the above pages indexed.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hm,

Just looked through your robots.txt file and noticed this:

Disallow: productDetails.asp

Disallow: productDetailsFR.asp

Not saying that's the cause since it seems logical that you would need some wildcards to block out the resulting pages, but it might be why you are not getting the above pages indexed.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:58 PM
  • Thanks for the tip.  We're looking into it.

We're also looking into the length limits on the title, description, & keywords as suggested by another poster.  I did a "site:www.fastprinters.com" search, and chose page 4 at random to find an individual part page similar to the problematic ones listed above.  I chose the 40x0306,

http://www.fastprinters.com/searchresult.asp?PRODUCT_ID=LEX-40X0306

which is one which won't turn up a lot of results in a search. When I search for "40x0306", I get 2 pages of results.  Our "specials" page show up, but not the page listed above.  if I add the "site:..." to the search, I also get our "tech pages" page, but again, not the one listed above.  Searching for the part description "HIGH VOLTAGE CONTACT KIT T640" with the "site:..." turns up 3 results, again without the one listed above.

Summing up, this page has longer than recommended title, description, & keywords, but is still shows up in the "site:.." search.  It doesn't show up when searching for keywords, with or without the "site:.." qualifier. 

Any ideas?

And, we still don't have ANYTHING showing up from our Live Search Products feed.  I'll try a new feed soon with a few changes and see what happens...

Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:10 PM