none
How to hide .dat files from a shared folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a team of users using SyncToy to keep offline copies of files from a shared network folder (actual files are located in a Sharepoint document library, they access it thourgh a local mapped drive) . Whenver a user setups a folder pair, a .dat file is created, of course, on the shared folder. So if we have 10 users doing this, the shared folder will have 10 dat files. I keep getting questions about these files and I'd like to make them disappear. I noticed the files are marked as 'hidden', but they still show up.

How can I make these files hidden? Is there a way to tel SyncToy not to create the .dat file? Even at the cost of missing functinality, I rather not have the .dat files show up, if there is no other choice.

Thanks,

Sync

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The .dat files are already hidden files. SyncToy2.0/2.1 cannot work without such files. (SyncToy introduced these files to resolve drive letter change problem) Sorry for the incovenience.

Thanks

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 11, 2010 9:28 AM
  • I have the same issue, and these files are NOT hidden files, or we wouldnt be typing here. these files are easily deleted, and thats why i would love to change their attribute to hidden, but it wont allow that. So, back to square 1, how can i hide these files?
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:07 PM