OneCare Subscription up? RRS feed

• Question

• My employer purchased OneCare software around dec. 1st. It was installed on two of his personal computers and finally on mine at the office. Last week after several days with a red OneCare icon saying I had to install updates but there were no updates to be installed and after trying several of the HELP suggestions to fix my problem I uninstalled OneCare. After trying ALLDAY friday and monday and tuesday to reinstall( Dial up connection at the office) I FINALLY got one care to reinstall. It shows my computer to be in good shape except- My subcription is UP in 15 days. I know this to be incorrect, assuming Windows OneCare does come with a one year subcription like it says it does. How can I fix this problem?

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:17 PM

Answers

• I'm sorry you had such troubles that caused you to reinstall. Now that you have reinstalled, you still need to activate using the same LiveID that was used to subscribe originally. If it is still activated on the other of the employer's PCs, open OneCare on that PC and go to Help/About to see the Subscription ID - that is the LiveID to use to "subscribe" or activate the reinstall.

-steve

Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:45 AM

All replies

• I'm sorry you had such troubles that caused you to reinstall. Now that you have reinstalled, you still need to activate using the same LiveID that was used to subscribe originally. If it is still activated on the other of the employer's PCs, open OneCare on that PC and go to Help/About to see the Subscription ID - that is the LiveID to use to "subscribe" or activate the reinstall.

-steve

Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:45 AM
  • To be fair, the help menu gave me a list of 7 or 8 things to do to try to fix my problem, and while the uninstall was the last option, I only got through half the list before  I got frustrated and skipped to the end. I should have our subscription id written down from my installation originally. How and where do I need to input the number?

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:10 PM
  • Subscription ID isn't a number, it is the LiveID or email address (for which you will also need the password) used to activate.

After you have installed, you will open OneCare and the action to take message will provide a link for you to subscribe to OneCare. When you click that link, you will sign in with the LiveID and password that are associated with the subscription, and this should find the subscription and activate OneCare for you.

-steve

Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:35 PM
  • ALRIGHT!! Looks like that got me all squared away. Thanks for your help with this Mr. Boots, I would never have gotten it figured out without your heldp Have a good day and weekend man.  Zack

Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:03 PM
  •  Bamcartage wrote:
    ALRIGHT!! Looks like that got me all squared away. Thanks for your help with this Mr. Boots, I would never have gotten it figured out without your heldp Have a good day and weekend man.  Zack

You're quite welcome and I'm glad that it seems to be sorted. :-)

-steve

Friday, March 14, 2008 1:39 AM