locked
Daylight Saving timestamps RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi.

    I just upgraded to SyncToy 2.0

    SyncToy no longer seems to recognise that files that are identical apart from a timestamp difference of exactly one hour (i.e. daylight saving) do not need to be copied. I therefore get a long list of files to overwrite, but i know they're identical, as i ran all folder pairs immediately prior to upgrading.

    What's going on?

    Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:48 AM

Answers

  • Hi Andrew,

     

    This is a bug with the SyncToy 2.0 Beta that we has been previously reported to us and we are fixing for the RTM release. For the time being, please go ahead and let it resync those files.

     

    Ashish Shah

     

     

    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:58 PM
    Answerer

All replies

  • Hi Andrew,

     

    This is a bug with the SyncToy 2.0 Beta that we has been previously reported to us and we are fixing for the RTM release. For the time being, please go ahead and let it resync those files.

     

    Ashish Shah

     

     

    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:58 PM
    Answerer

  • I'm having a similar problem, but my files are 3 hours and 2 minutes off.  I'm assuming it's the same problem, but let me know your thoughts.  Also, when will the fix be available and where do I look to download it.
    let me know
    thanks
    tk
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:19 PM
  • Just installed SyncToy 2.0 (not beta) at home to a new pc with Vista Premium. I use SyncToy v.1.4 at work.  Had the timestamp problem at home after several successful syncs with a flash drive I use to keep home and work files in sync. Also had a problem with trying to copy synctoy system files off the flash drive (presumably from v.1.4).

    I went ahead and resynced the files, as you suggested at home.

     

    Then went to work today, performed a full sync, then installed v.2.0. Performed another full sync, no problems.  Then at the end of the day, timestamp error. Half of my files are no longer in sync, according to the program.

     

    TEMP SOLUTION: Uninstall completely and reinstall SyncToy v.1.4 (or whatever older version you used). It worked great, and the timestamp error disappeared, though i had to setup my sync folder pairs again.  Still took much less time than recopying 3,000+ files!

     

    Great program, though, but i would rename 2.0 to beta2. Smile

    Thursday, September 4, 2008 8:45 PM