Is there any documentation for SuppressMessage parameters? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using VS 2008 SP1 and have FxCop 1.36.

I have searched the net and have not found any documentation for all the rules (warnings) describing categories, checkID, etc.  I would like to suppress some warnings but can't figure out what the SuppressMessage parameters should be.

For instance the warning:

Warning 4 Type library exporter warning processing 'UnitStay+_UnitStay, EpiToolsLibC'. Warning: The type had one or more duplicate DISPIDs specified. The duplicate DISPIDs were ignored. EpiToolsLib_Clinical

which gets issued because I have 2 overloaded versions of the Default property (i.e. 2 dispids automatically set to 0)

The VS documentation says to right-click on the warning and choose to suppress it in the pop-up menu but there is no such option.  The documentation also says to go into FxCop, right-click on a rule and Copy As to a SuppressMessage and paste it in my code, but I see no rule describing the above warning.

I therefore decided to look for documentation so I could code the SuppressMessage manually but can find no documentation on what the category or checkID should be.

Are there any resources out there that can help?  Are there extra libraries I have to load into either VS or FxCop?

Thanks
    Tony
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:24 PM

Answers