How do I Sync my Docs in my PC (win 7) & my Docs in my Laptop (Vista) via a Netgear wireless modem? RRS feed

• Question

• Please provide detailed steps for a COMPLETE newby.

Thanks for a GREAT service!

Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:57 PM

All replies

• Could u access your labtop from win7 with a UNC path, such as \\labtop\folder1?
    If you could not, try to resolve the network issue, either by creating a share folder or resolve the physical connection.
    Then creat a folder pairs, left folder set as the folder on your PC and the right folder on your labtop. Run sync, it will work.

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Danish Wang Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:30 AM
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:01 AM
  • As you are synching over wireless network and the fact that two different operating systems are involved, it is best that the logon accounts to be identical. Also you need to be able to access each folder from the other station. I suggest you share the two folders and allow full access (read,write) to both shared locations. Open windows explorer on the windows 7 PC and click tools/map network drive. Check the box for "connect using different credentials" and type the user ID and the password of the other dhared folder and eventually type the shared location address such as \\vista\shared name..

This way you will have  ampped drive such as Z drive. Launch the synch toy and configure the synch operation.

Hope that helps
    Binah

Monday, January 25, 2010 4:08 PM