Power Pack 1 causes Media Connect problem RRS feed

• Question

• After installing Power Pack 1 I had to install connect software on my PC as well. That went smoothly until the connection was tried. I get an error saying that The Windows Media Connect Service is not running on my server.
    I don't see any answers to this on the forum at this point.
    Lance
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:26 AM

Answers

• I went to "Services" and found the the Connect was disabled. I changed it to automatic, rebooted and it is now running.
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:19 AM

All replies

•  wdesign wrote:
    After installing Power Pack 1 I had to install connect software on my PC as well. That went smoothly until the connection was tried. I get an error saying that The Windows Media Connect Service is not running on my server.
    I don't see any answers to this on the forum at this point.
    Lance

Did you try rebooting the server?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:44 AM
  • I have re-booted a few times.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:50 PM
  • I went to "Services" and found the the Connect was disabled. I changed it to automatic, rebooted and it is now running.
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:19 AM
  •  wdesign wrote:
    I went to "Services" and found the the Connect was disabled. I changed it to automatic, rebooted and it is now running.

Did you find that through the remote console, or did you have to go into the Control Panel on the PC itself?

Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:24 AM
  •  browndepot wrote:
    Did you find that through the remote console, or did you have to go into the Control Panel on the PC itself?

He would have to have logged in to the server desktop and checked Services from there.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:42 AM
  • I went to the Desktop through Remote Desktop. Services is in the Programs menu under Administrative Tools.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 11:41 AM