Any way to export my category listing? Money 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to go in and revamp how I use money to get a better setup for categories.  Is there any way I can export or print my current category list so I can view it or play with it in Word or something like that?

Thanks,

Monday, November 15, 2010 4:52 PM

All replies

• Go to the Spending by category report.

Customize:

Chart->ViewAs:Report

Date->Range:AllDates

Rows&Columns->Rows:Subcategories

OK.

Right-click into the report and choose Copy. You can paste into Excel or other application.

Monday, November 15, 2010 7:27 PM
  • So it looks like this will show me all the categories that I have assigned at least one transaction to in the history of my MNY file which is a good start and gets me most of what I want.  Is there any way to do the same thing but even include ones I've never used so I can weed them out?
    Monday, November 15, 2010 8:03 PM
  • Yes. Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Categories

File->Print.

You can also add Categories as a shortcut at the top of your Money screen. That Categories screen is the place to rename and delete categories. If I remember correctly, if you delete an empty category, Money will ask what category to move the transactions that have that category to move to.

Also, look at Tools->FindAndReplace for a way to change the category of transactions according to various criteria.

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:15 PM