none
Restoring Harddrive RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using SyncToy for many years and basically works great keeping my laptop and PC in Sync.  However I recently had to format my PC harddrive and restore a 1 month old harddrive backup to it. (damn virus)  I was not concerned about one months data since all was on laptop with daily SyncToy use.  HOWEVER when I set up the syncToy folders the "left" was PC and the "right" was laptop.  When I run SyncToy it wants to delete all the new files (from the last month) on the laptop instead of writing them to the PC.  I see the "contribute" option which I assume would do what I want, but the left & rights are basically backwards at this point.  My question is "Is there an easy way to switch left & right folder pairs or some other method?" I know I could probably create all new folder pairs the other way around but was trying to avoid that task if possible.

I was reading on another site it showed SyncToy with a Combine option which from what I read would do the job also, but mine doesn't seem to have that.  I have version 2.1  Thanks for any help.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:10 PM

All replies

• I reinstalled syncToy and rebooted and tried again and this time it put all the files back on the restored drive.  So all is happy again.  But would still like to know about finding that "combine" option which I don't seem to have..
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:47 PM