Installing OEM Office 2003 on a Dell machine RRS feed

• Question

• So far as I understand OEM licensing it can be installed on a machine and dies on that machine. So is it legal for me to install an OEM copy of Office 2003 Basic on a new/refurbished PC that I buy from Dell?
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:59 PM

Answers

• Yes, as long as it was not previously installed and acivated on a different computer.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:43 PM
  • Dear John x^27,

You are experiencing a problem with your CD drive. Changing the hard drive would not cause the problem you are reporting - Microsoft's security isn't THAT good!

Jenifer

Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:41 PM

All replies

• Yes, as long as it was not previously installed and acivated on a different computer.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:43 PM
  • I have a Dell PC that came with Office Basic Edition 2003 pre-installed when I originally purchased the PC from Dell.

The hard drive recently died, so I purchased a new drive and have successfully reinstalled almost everything except Office 2003.  My CD drive doesn't seem to want to read my Office 2003 CD.  Its the original Microsoft CD I received with the Dell PC. 

Do you think I have a problem with my CD drive, or am I experiencing some kind of security measure since I replaced the original hard drive?

Thanks,

John 

Sunday, March 2, 2008 2:02 AM
  • Dear John x^27,

You are experiencing a problem with your CD drive. Changing the hard drive would not cause the problem you are reporting - Microsoft's security isn't THAT good!

Jenifer

Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:41 PM