none
"Unread" thread does not dissapears from the list after reading RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

There is a filter on the "Unread" threads.

I dont know how it select the threads, but first time the filter works apparentry fine, but when I "Open" a "Unread" thread on the "visualize" button and close it - so, I read it - the thread does not dissapear from the filter list.

More than that, if I refresh the page the thread not necessary dissapears from the list, or dissapears after a period of time...
    Best regards, Sergiu
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:58 PM

Answers

• It depends what forum you use, My Forums Threads and My Threads have long delays and bugs that prevent it from working at all.  Beware that you may be missing threads from that forum page if you keep the Unread filter turned on as well.  We've been trying to live with this problem since January, a speedy fix looks out of the question.  I switched back to using alerts to keep track of responses, recommended.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Sergiu Dudnic Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:28 AM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:26 PM

All replies

• It depends what forum you use, My Forums Threads and My Threads have long delays and bugs that prevent it from working at all.  Beware that you may be missing threads from that forum page if you keep the Unread filter turned on as well.  We've been trying to live with this problem since January, a speedy fix looks out of the question.  I switched back to using alerts to keep track of responses, recommended.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Sergiu Dudnic Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:28 AM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:26 PM
  • I maintained the "Unread" check some time after that a alert informed me about a JavaScript Error...:

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://i1.social.microsoft.com/Forums/resources/scripts/jquery-1.2.6.min.js:28"

| Stop Script | Continue |

Best regards, Sergiu
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:30 PM
  • Yup, yet another known bug that so far as escaped a fix.  Look back through the posts in this forum to find out what is known not to work.

Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 6:20 PM