Auto backup running twice in set time period RRS feed

• Question

• First let me state I am using Stablebit Drivepool software. I just set up my server with two 2TB WD Green HDD using Stablebit  and have the O/S on a 240GB SSD. It seems to be running fine but it is backing up my PC twice in the same night. Usually one runs at 1230 AM and around 3-3:30 AM it runs again. Is this a setting in Drivepool causing this. Never happened previously when running it without Stablebit. Thanks.
    Saturday, December 6, 2014 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Jackietools, does it say "Automatic Backup" for both backups? I have never heard of this behaviour but if you have reason to believe Drivepool is causing this you might want to drop a line on their forum: http://community.covecube.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:56 AM
    Sunday, December 7, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Yes it said auto for both but as I wrote you in our old thread it seems OK now. I'll check out the Stablebit forums anyway. Thanks
    Sunday, December 7, 2014 1:02 PM
  • I just thought of something. The default backup time was Midnight to 0600AM. Maybe the Midnight is too close the one day or the next if both server and PC times are not synced exact. I changed it to backup from 0100AM to 0600AM. Let's see what happens. I think on my old set up I had 0200AM to 0600AM.
    Tuesday, December 9, 2014 2:13 AM
  • Did it again. I wonder??? I deleted the old connector software and reinstalled it to the server again once I re did the HDD's. Could it be backing up twice because somehow some of the original back up info is still in the registry?
    Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:16 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Could you find one or two schedule in Task Schedule?

If only one, please check if there are 2 triggers. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 8:37 AM
  • Do I look on the server or client PC? Thanks. Actually the last week it has only been running one backup as it should. Overnight it did two backups again???? Don't know what changed but I will look if I get the time during X-mas. May have to wait a day or two. I will keep you informed. Thanks

• Edited by JACKIETOOLS Wednesday, December 24, 2014 4:05 PM
    Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:58 PM
  • Don'tknow what the install add in trigger is. Says to repeat every hour??
    Friday, December 26, 2014 11:41 PM
  • Friday, December 26, 2014 11:42 PM
  • Friday, December 26, 2014 11:43 PM