BUG: Live Mesh for Mac frequently terminates when network connection changes RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've noticed that Live Mesh on my MacBooks frequently terminates when the network connection changes.  More specifically, it seems to terminate when a new network connection comes up.  I've seen this in two types of scenarios:

1) Wireless network transition:  Connect to SSID A (occurs when MacBook is booted).  Start Live Mesh.  Sleep MacBook and change physical location.  Restore MacBook from sleep and connect to SSID B.  Live Mesh dies.

2) Boot MacBook with no network connection available at all.  Live Mesh is configured to start at login, despite no available network.  Bring up a DUN connection (in my case, to a BlackBerry via Bluetooth).  Live Mesh dies.

This happens pretty consistently, so should hopefully be fairly easy to reproduce.

Cheers
    Friday, November 21, 2008 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you haven't done so already, could you please collect logs from your MacBook the next time you see this behavior, and open a bug through Connect?  Instructions for collecting logs and submitting a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.

Thanks for helping us test Live Mesh,

Ben.
    Friday, November 21, 2008 4:01 PM