Potential Bug: Live ID settings in Live Mesh override settings in other Live apps such as MSN RRS feed

• General discussion

• Note: made a mistake in the title... "Live ID settings in Live Mesh:

Wondering if anyone else has run into anything similar.

I installed Live Mesh on my wife's machine, only to have MSN log in to my account (instead of her's) the next time the machine was turned on. I had to select "Forget Me" in MSN in order to remove my details. I can see a lot of instances where I wouldn't mind Mesh logging in automatically without having, say, MSN log in automatically.

https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=417764

Cheers,

Oren
    • Edited by nachmore Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:00 AM title
    • Edited by Ben [Live Mesh] Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:09 PM Changing title per original poster's intentions
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:52 AM

All replies

• With the LiveID assistant installed on the PC wth the latest Windows Live Essentials, certainly anything is possible, Oren. :-)
    I don't know if I've experienced what you describe, though. I've got Live Mesh on many PCs all using the same LiveID for Live Mesh and sign in automatically checked. I also have LiveSync set up on many of them the same way. I have several different Messenger LiveIDs that I sign in with on the PCs, depending on their role (to me). I don't recall ever being signed in with the wrong LiveID on a PC based on my preferred sign in for Messenger.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:01 PM