off topic - unknown virus name, turns off my computer RRS feed

• General discussion

• first problem was graphic driver error, than some missing or corupt dll files shutting down programs, now it shuts down computer, and have to shut down by shutting off at electrical source, in the meantime, lost internet, but with settings changed got the internet back.  Reports of virus and trojans, was in error pages, bought more virus checkers , etc, now how do I stop it from turning off my computer?  Please forgive me if I am not clear at explaining the problems./  Shirley Hogan

Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:50 PM

All replies

• Hello, Shirlely. I'm sorry to read that your PC appears to be infected.  However, since you are not using Windows Live OneCare, you are off topic for this forum. This is not a general forum for viruses, spyware, or Windows Help. For help with spyware issues, you may want to try the forums here: 

http://aumha.net/ For help with virus removal, contact the maker of your Antivirus program.

Milo, a Security MVP who frequents this forum, often posts the following information, which may be of help to you:

"call Microsoft Security for the proper removal of that malicious item in your system ( 866 727 2338 ) US/CANADA this is a free support"

-steve

Friday, September 14, 2007 1:15 AM