Live Mesh Tech Preview: Mobile Phone Support List RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

NOTE: Please use the Mobile Phone Support List in the Live Mesh for Mobile forum now.  Thank you.

As many of you already know, the ability to access your mesh on a mobile phone through a special WAP site (http://m.mesh.com
    ) has been available for a little while now. Some of you have already been discussing your experiences using different mobile phones here on the forums. The purpose of this thread is to list the issues (or, hopefully, lack thereof) with any and all mobile devices people have tested, and we need your help. If you’ve tried Live Mesh on your mobile phone, please report your experiences here.

We will periodically update this initial post with new reports from within the thread, so search the list below first. If your phone isn’t listed, then please go ahead and reply, and let us know how it works.

Thanks for helping us test Live Mesh for Mobile,

The Live Mesh Team

<Updated 10/22/2008>

Devices that work without issues
    :

• HTC Touch
    • HTC 8125
    • HTC Tytn II
    • HTC P3300

Devices with functional issues:

Apple iPhone:

1. Sign-out is not working.
    2. Top Page anchors are not working.
    3. File upload and download are not supported.

Motorola RAZR V3XX:

1. Shortcut keys are not working.
    2. File upload is not supported.

Motorola RAZR V3XX Silver:

1. Shortcut keys are not working.

Motorola KRZR K1M:

1. Only .txt files are supported for download. Attempting to download other file formats results in an error: "Unsupported content type".

Motorola W385:

1. Only .txt files are supported for download. Attempting to download other file formats results in an error: "Unsupported content type".

RIM Blackberry 8830-default browser:

1. Clicking sign-in redirects to globalerror.aspx.

RIM Blackberry 8830-Opera mini:

1. Files can be downloaded but not saved.

Palm Treo 700WX:

1. Sign-out is not working properly.

Nokia N75 & N95:

1. Some shortcut keys are not supported on S60 browsers.

BlackJack SGH-I607:

1. File upload is not supported.

Moto Q:

Palm T|X:

1. File upload does not work with the Blazer browser (the "Browse" button does not appear).

HTC Vox:

HTC Tornado:

T-Mobile Shadow:

Devices with layout issues:

We’re still optimizing the layout of pages and menus for several mobile phones. In most cases, the layout issues do not affect functionality; even if it doesn’t look pretty, it usually still works. Here are the devices with known layout issues that we’re working to resolve:

• Motorola W385
    • Motorola KRZR K1m
    • RIM Blackberry 8830-default browser
    • Palm Treo 700WX
    • Nokia N75
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:20 PM

All replies

• I have an HTC kaiser/ATT Tilt running the official HTC/ATT WM 6.1 rom.  When I go to http://m.mesh.com/ in pie, I get an error, "The page cannot be displayed because the Web site cannot be authenticated."
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:54 PM
  • I have HTC Vox (HTC S710, SPV E650) HTC Tornado (SPV C600, i-mate SP5) and file upload doesn't work on them too. Other functions work good.
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:14 PM
  • I use a Moto Q, the browse button does no show when I attempt to upload a picture

Guy
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:04 PM
  • Palm T|X

Blazer browser:
    • Upload doesn't work. Browse button doesn't appear.
    • Download creates a randomly named file, have to rename in a file manager. Otherwise works.

Opera Mini:
    • Upload doesn't work. Browse button doesn't do anything.
    • Download works. File names are correct.
    • A few of caveats:
      • Opera Mini does not use end to end encryption. https connections are decrypted at Opera servers, processed, and re-encrypted.
      • Opera Mini uses Blazer to download files.
      • Java support (required for Opera Mini) on Palm devices is no longer supported, and as far as I can tell no longer available for download.

Sign out seems to work in both browsers.

• Edited by CobraA1 Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:10 PM Formatting issues.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:08 PM
  • It works fine on a Samsung SCH-i760 running WM 6.1 using Opera Mobile 8.65.
    Greig Greenwald
    Friday, October 3, 2008 9:46 PM
  • Works well on my Nokia E71, no issues that I could see, and upload of a file worked perfectly.
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 1:14 PM
  • Nokia N95 working fine, upload and download.
    I'm not sure what the menu (next to add file) option is suppose to do but it doesn't seem to be working, does nothing when I click it.
    Have to say I really like the layout and look of this and it's really quick and responsive on 3G.
    Thanks!
    Friday, October 10, 2008 6:32 AM
  • T-Mobile Shadow (HTC phone, forget the specific model # off hand). Windows Mobile 6.

IE Mobile
        Browsing: Fine
        Download: Opens text version of files
        Upload: Does not show the browse button for uploads
    Friday, October 10, 2008 7:41 PM
  • Nokia N95 - Login, Browse, Upload, Download all work well. Shortcut keys don't work (eg [6] Next ). Menu link is confusing as it appears at the bottom of the screen and it is not obvious that this link has done anything.
    Monday, October 13, 2008 1:12 PM
  • GreyArea said:

... Menu link is confusing as it appears at the bottom of the screen and it is not obvious that this link has done anything.

What firmware does your N95 have? Are you using the standard browser?
    The Menu link does nothing for me either but it appears up next to the Add File link not at the bottom of the page.
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:42 AM
  • Guy Pelletier said:

I use a Moto Q, the browse button does no show when I attempt to upload a picture

Guy

Same here!

Colin
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:53 PM
  • Works fine on my Samsung i760 with version 6.

Robert Tankersley
    Robert Tankersley
    Monday, October 20, 2008 8:35 PM
  •  Device: Blackberry Curve 8310
    • Using default RIM Internet Browser
    • Browser set to emulate Microsoft IE

Experience:
    • Page layout and icons all display very nicely and appear to display as intended
    • File upload worked along with the "Add Picture" link to upload photos
    • Download has varying results based on the file type downloaded. Device reports a MIME type error for pdf files.
      However even with the error I could still save the file. Other file types worked as intended.
    • The Windows LiveID sign-in redirect worked perfectly.

Overall I'm impressed with how far the app has come with regards to mobile access on my device. Nice job.
    • Edited by ChgoChad Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:47 AM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:41 AM
  • Using a HTC Apache/XV6700 with PPCKitchen.org's WM6.1 build 20755. Everything runs great over wi-fi so far. Uploaded a picture and saw it right away on the Desktop. Looking forward to the full software client hopefully released next week!
    Businesschild
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:21 PM
  • Nokia E90: No issues browsing, downloading and uploading files. Layout seems ok too.
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:01 PM
  • It works on HTC Apache with Opera 9.5beta with WM6.1. With PIE, will not upload but will download just fine.
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:34 PM