MSDN Subscription Copies Considered Invalid Keys RRS feed

• Question

• Was trying to download the Save As XPS/PDF plugin when I had my first run in with the geniue OFFICE validator.

My notebook is running a mix of Outlook 2k7, OneNote2k7, Visio 2k3, FrontPage2k3 and Project 2k3.

All of the keys are from my MSDN subscription and have all be activated.

Validation report says 2k7 apps are ok, but the 2k3 keys have been blocked by Microsoft.

Splendid! So now what?

Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Marauderz,

Are you still having Office validation issues?  If so, can you run our diagnostic tool and post the output here?  I will review it and help you figure out the next steps.

1) Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2) Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3) When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4) Is the RESOLVE button available? If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5) From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6) Please reply back to this post and PASTE the entire results into the reply post. 

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:56 PM

All replies

• Uninstall those Office programs that were installed using a non-genuine product key.
    Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:30 PM
  • Like I mentioned, I got the programs via the MSDN Subscription program, the keys are legit.

Heck.. even the Office 2k7's app keys are from MSDN Subscription.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:34 PM
  • Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:38 PM
  • Errr.. that's for tech support cases not for this kind of events right?
    Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:43 PM
  • MSDN Support can explain the status of your MSDN products keys.
    Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:53 PM
  • Hi Marauderz,

Are you still having Office validation issues?  If so, can you run our diagnostic tool and post the output here?  I will review it and help you figure out the next steps.

1) Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2) Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3) When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4) Is the RESOLVE button available? If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5) From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6) Please reply back to this post and PASTE the entire results into the reply post. 

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:56 PM