ie7 blocks network code access in visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed visual studio on a computer, used the .Net Configuration to grant full rights to the Local Intranet, and can open projects from the network without and problem. If I install ie7, I try to open a project on the network, and I get the "this is not a trusted site" message when loading network projects, and all the security errors that go along with it when trying to debug a program from the network. If I remove ie7, the error on loading network projects disappears, and I do not get any security errors while debugging. This is the case for both vs 2005 and vs 2008. The settings in the .Net Configuration remain unchanged after installing ie7.

How can I fix this conflict?
    • Moved by Figo Fei Monday, June 9, 2008 6:15 AM off topic for vs setup forum
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:26 PM

Answers

• It looks like a security setting issue in IE.
    You can make use of security settings to add the website to your IE's trusted site in Internet Options.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, June 9, 2008 6:14 AM
  • This was moved to the Off Topic forum. I can move it to a specific forum for you, if you'd like.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:12 AM

All replies

• It looks like a security setting issue in IE.
    You can make use of security settings to add the website to your IE's trusted site in Internet Options.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, June 9, 2008 6:14 AM
  • This was moved to the Off Topic forum. I can move it to a specific forum for you, if you'd like.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:12 AM