Remote Desktop Connection - Product Activation requested by Host Computer RRS feed

• Question

• I routinely connect to a Windows XP computer from a Windows Vista computer using Remote Desktop over a LAN.  The connection is fine and everything works.  However, when I attempt to open any MS Office application on the remote computer (Excel, Word, etc.), it prompts me to "re-activate" MS Office 2003 which is registered and activated on the remote PC.

I use the remote machine directly sometimes so I am reluctant to re-activate it for the remote connection in case I need to run it in standalone mode in the future.

This makes no sense since the software is running natively on the machine it was installed on.

Monday, October 12, 2009 8:23 PM

Answers

• This is the Windows Home Server Forum, you'd be better off asking in the OS forums or Office forum.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 9:19 PM
  • I routinely connect to a Windows XP computer from a Windows Vista computer using Remote Desktop over a LAN.  The connection is fine and everything works.  However, when I attempt to open any MS Office application on the remote computer (Excel, Word, etc.), it prompts me to "re-activate" MS Office 2003 which is registered and activated on the remote PC.

I use the remote machine directly sometimes so I am reluctant to re-activate it for the remote connection in case I need to run it in standalone mode in the future.

This makes no sense since the software is running natively on the machine it was installed on.

As Cruiseman, your question is off-topic for this forum.  Try asking in the Office newsgroups.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 11:50 PM

All replies

• This is the Windows Home Server Forum, you'd be better off asking in the OS forums or Office forum.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 9:19 PM

As Cruiseman, your question is off-topic for this forum.  Try asking in the Office newsgroups.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 11:50 PM