What is pushsyncservice RRS feed

• Question

• A couple of times a day pushsyncservice trys to access the internet when I am in IE 8.  My windows onecare firewall stops it.  What is pushsyncservice.  I have looked on bing and it says the program belongs to Nokia.  I don't own a Nokia.  Is this service dangerous?  How do I remove it?

• Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:07 PM firewall blocking program (From:Windows Live OneCare General)
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:53 PM

Answers

• If you installed Intellisync for any reason at all, that seems to be where this service comes from.
    The first thing that I'd do is go to Control Panel/Programs (add or remove programs in XP) and look for Intellisync or Nokia listed. If it is there, uninstall it and the problem should go away.
    If you can't find it, then open OneCare, click on the Tune-up tab, change startup programs, and look for Intellisync or PushSync or Nokia listed there and check the option to not let it run at startup.
    If you need help, you can contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:07 PM

All replies

• If you installed Intellisync for any reason at all, that seems to be where this service comes from.
    The first thing that I'd do is go to Control Panel/Programs (add or remove programs in XP) and look for Intellisync or Nokia listed. If it is there, uninstall it and the problem should go away.
    If you can't find it, then open OneCare, click on the Tune-up tab, change startup programs, and look for Intellisync or PushSync or Nokia listed there and check the option to not let it run at startup.
    If you need help, you can contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:07 PM
  • Thank you.
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 9:09 PM