none
Windows live mail freezing on fresh Windows 7 64bit upgrade from Vista

Question

• Here's the deal;

I wanted to install windows 7, but it said that some file on the DVD+RW was corrupt, and I had already deleted my windows 7 RC1 copy from my PC.
    So I grabbed my old windows XP CD, installed XP, and used it to record the same Windows 7 version on another DVD+RW as the previous one had files on it before and was somewhat scratched. Tried installing; no go, asked for a device driver.

Grabbed Vista, and just after I installed it, I upgraded immediately to 7. It worked.

However, now this is bugging me, whenever I start up windows live mail (that was NOT previously with vista, I just installed it using windows live essentials 2 days ago) and a windows installer window pops up; saying that it is getting windows live mail ready.

What happens next ? Actually ? Nothing, the recently popped up window just disappears, and no Windows live mail application is on the screen.

Further info:

Q9550 (3.8GHz)
    HD 4870
    P5Q-E motherboard
    More than 500GB free, defragged space available
    Windows 7 x64 (RTM build / fully updated) upgraded from Windows Vista x64 SP1.

Any ideas ?
    • Moved by Jason A. Garza Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:23 PM Post not related to my.live.com (From:My.Live.com Personalized Page Suggestions and Feedback)
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post. You can post your query at the Windows Live Online Solutions Center:

http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Hope that helps.

Have a Great day!!!!!
    Swapnil Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    • Proposed as answer by swapnilpBanned Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Gattsu Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:28 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:53 PM

All replies