none
MCPD Windows Developer Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i'm looking at doing my MCPD and i'm not really sure how the certification works. I'm never sat any exams before so what will i need to achive MCPD. Is it just these 4?

Exam 70-511: Windows application Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Exam 70-513: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Exam 70-516: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Exam 70-518: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Monday, November 8, 2010 5:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, that's right. According to the Visual Studio Certification page (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx#tab2), those four exams will get you the certification "MCPD: Windows Developer 4." You c an take them in any order; as soon as you have completed all of them you will be an MCPD. Also, the first three of those exams will give you each an MCTS certification.

• Marked as answer by Nitro52 Monday, November 8, 2010 10:49 PM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:09 AM
  • Are they very difficult, how much time would your need to spend on them? considering i have pretty good coverage with WPF and done a bit of work with WCF. 
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:56 AM
  • If you have a good coverage with WPF, then you can probably tackle 70-511 and 70-518 without too much effort. However, you will have to study for 70-513 and 70-516. Take a look at the "Skills Measured" tabs in the exam description pages. You will find out that 70-513 goes in-depth into WCF, so having done "a bit of work" on it will not be enough for passing the exam. Something similar can be said about 70-516: even if you have done a lot of work with ado.net, the exam goes in-depth into Entity Framework, so be sure to check out each of the entries in the "skills measured" page.
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:26 PM